Are you ready to apply for a PAN grant?
Apply online anytime and find out instantly if you qualify for a PAN grant. To apply by phone, call us at 1-866-316-7263 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Check your eligibility
Find out if you or your patient qualifies for PAN grants by searching our disease fund list for open funds and use the eligibility pre-screening tool. You’ll find out immediately if you’re eligible to continue with the application.
Eligibility varies by disease fund and type of grant. In general, to qualify for a PAN grant, you (or your patient) must meet these criteria:
- You’re getting treatment for the disease named in the disease fund or program.
- You have health insurance that covers your qualifying medication or product. Note: health insurance requirements vary by disease fund.
- Your prescribed medication must be listed as a covered medication within the disease fund you apply for.
- Your income must fall at or below the federal poverty level specified by the disease fund.
- You must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. Note: U.S. citizenship is not required.
You can apply for a PAN grant if you are:
- Currently in treatment or taking medication for your diagnosis, or
- Got treatment in the last 90 days, or
- Scheduled to begin treatment in the next 120 days
Prepare to apply
Before you apply, make sure you have this information:
- Your diagnosis and medications
- Your provider’s contact information, including name, and phone number
- Your health insurance carrier name and your insurance member ID
- Your contact information, including email and social security number
- Your adjusted gross annual household income
How to apply
How to apply when a fund is open
First, complete our easy pre-screen process. Find your open disease fund and fill out the eligibility pre-screening tool, or go directly to panapply.org to complete your eligibility pre-screen. Once your eligibility is confirmed, complete the application process on screen.
To apply by phone, call us at 866-316-7263 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. Our representatives will help you with your pre-screening and application over the phone.
How to enroll your patients
Providers and pharmacies can enroll patients in the PAN portal, or by phone. The enrollment process is similar to patient self-enrollment. Be prepared with the above patient application information. We provide details about how you can apply for any PAN grant on behalf of your patient in our guide to enrolling your patients.
How to apply from a wait list
There are two ways to apply from the wait list, whether you’re a patient, or applying on behalf of a patient:
- Through the PAN portal: When you get the invitation email, there will be a unique link. Click your unique link to be directed to our online portal and can continue the application process as normal. The portals are available 24/7.
- By phone: 1-866-316-7263, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. Your email also includes a wait list ID for you or your patient. When you call us to apply, please have the wait list ID number at the ready for the representative and they will be able to help you through the application process.
Before signing up for the wait list, check the fund’s eligibility criteria to make sure you qualify. The wait list does not guarantee eligibility, so checking your eligibility in advance can avoid delays when the disease fund opens.
How to apply for transportation grants
You must currently be getting a co-pay or health insurance premium grant to be eligible. There are three easy ways to apply for transportation grants.
- Check your eligibility and apply on our website
- Apply through the PAN portal
- Call us at 1-866-316-7263, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
How to apply for second and renewal grants
If you’re a current PAN grant recipient, you may be eligible to apply for more grant money.
You can apply for a second grant within the same initial 12-month grant eligibility period if you run out of funds and your balance is $0. Second grants apply only to co-pay and health insurance premium grants.
You can apply for a renewal grant within 30 days of the end of your initial 12-month eligibility period to start a new 12-month eligibility period if the fund is open. Renewal grants apply to all types of PAN grants: co-pay, health insurance premium, and transportation.
Apply for second and renewal grants online through your PAN portal account, or call us at 1-866-316-7263, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Verification after you apply
Sometimes, we may conditionally approve your application and will request that you verify your income or provide documentation of your health insurance premium in order to provide final approval. If you have been asked to verify your income or health insurance premium, follow the steps below.
Verify your income
If you have been asked to verify your income, use our online income verification form to submit documents for income verification.
Have your 1040 tax form ready. If you do not have a 1040 tax form, you will need to provide the following information:
- PAN member ID
- Household size
- Annual income
- Brief explanation of the reason you don’t have the 1040 tax form
Verify your health insurance premium
If you have been asked to verify your insurance information or health insurance premium amount, you can use our online premium verification form to submit documents for health insurance premium verification.
Have your insurance information ready. You will need to attach a digital copy (such as a photo or a PDF) of one (1) of the following:
- Social Security Administration benefit verification letter
- Paystub(s) for one whole month
- Insurance statement
- COBRA coupons
- Insurance statement/bill from educational institutions
After your grant is approved
Once your grant is approved, you can use your benefits immediately. Just give your enrollment information to your provider or pharmacy.
You’ll get an official welcome letter and PAN identification card via email or in the mail within five to seven business days.
If you were approved for a transportation grant, you will receive a prepaid Visa debit card in the mail 15-20 business days after your grant is approved. You will need to activate the debit card before first use.
Log in and manage your grant anytime using PAN portals, or call us at 1-866-316-7263, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET for help managing your grant.
We created short how-to guides to take you through the steps of applying for grants in the PAN portal—showing you where to click and what information to fill out. Guides are provided as PDFs that you can view and download. View all portal guides