Apply for a PAN grant for your patients, quickly and easily—online or by phone.
Apply online anytime and find out instantly if your patient qualifies for a PAN grant. To apply by phone, call us at 1-866-316-7263 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Check your patient’s eligibility
Find out if your patient qualifies for PAN grants by searching our disease fund list for open funds and complete the quick eligibility screening. You’ll find out immediately if you’re eligible to continue with the application.
Eligibility varies by disease fund and type of grant. In general, to qualify for a PAN grant, your patient must meet these criteria:
- The patient must be getting treatment for the disease named in the disease fund.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers their qualifying medication or product. Note: health insurance requirements vary by disease fund.
- Their prescribed medication must be listed as a covered medication within the disease fund you apply for.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below the federal poverty level specified by the disease fund.
- They must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. Note: U.S. citizenship is not required.
Patients can apply for a PAN grant if they are:
- Currently in treatment or taking medication for their diagnosis, or
- Got treatment in the last 90 days, or
- Scheduled to begin treatment in the next 120 days
Covered diagnosis codes
Covered diagnosis codes are on each disease fund page on the PAN website. Visit our disease fund list and search by disease fund or medication.
Information needed to apply
You will need the following information to apply:
- Patient’s personal and contact information: first and last name, social security number, date of birth, address, phone number, email address if available
- Patient’s diagnosis and medication name(s)
- Patient’s health insurance carrier name and insurance member ID
- Patient’s income and number of people in the household
- Provider and facility’s contact information: name, NPI, email, phone number, address
How to apply
First, complete our easy pre-screen process on behalf of your patient. You can go to our disease fund list, or go directly to your portal account to complete the eligibility pre-screen. Once your patient’s eligibility is confirmed, complete the application process on screen.
To apply by phone, call us at 866-316-7263 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. Our representatives will help you with your pre-screening and application over the phone.
Verification after you apply
At the time of application, all you need to know is the information listed above. Sometimes, we may conditionally approve your patient’s application and we will request that you verify the patient’s income or provide documentation of health insurance premium, depending on the type of grant, for final approval. If you have been asked to verify your income or health insurance premium, follow the steps below.
Verify your income
If your patient has been asked to verify their income, use our online income verification form to submit documents for income verification.
PAN will need your patient’s 1040 tax form. If they do not have a 1040 tax form, we will need the following information:
- PAN member ID
- Household size
- Annual income
- Brief explanation of the reason they don’t have the 1040 tax form
Verify your health insurance premium
If you have been asked to verify your patient’s insurance information or health insurance premium amount, use our online premium verification form to submit documents for health insurance premium verification.
PAN will need your patient’s insurance information. You will need to attach a digital copy (such as a photo of PDF) of one (1) of the following:
- Social Security Administration benefit verification letter
- Paystub(s) for one whole month
- Insurance statement
- COBRA coupons
- Insurance statement/bill from educational institutions
Applying for second or renewal grants
A second grant can be awarded if the patient’s current PAN copay or premium grant balance is $0 but they need more money to pay for medication before their eligibility period ends. If approved, the patient will be able to use funding from the second grant during the remainder of their eligibility period.
To qualify, the current grant balance must be $0, and the disease fund must be open. Use the tools in your portal or call us at 1-866-316-7263 to see if your patient qualifies.
If a previous claim was partially paid, you may reverse and reprocess the claim for the full patient responsibility after the second grant is awarded.
A renewal grant can be awarded if the grant period has ended or will be ending within 30 days. This starts a new 12-month eligibility period for use. You may apply to renew your patient’s grant up to 30 days before the current grant period ends, even if there is still a grant balance remaining. Patients may start using renewal grants, if awarded, in the next grant period.
Applying from the wait list
The following information is relevant to applying for an initial grant, a second grant, or a renewal grant.
Using the email notification
When the relevant disease fund has available funding for patients on a wait list, you will receive an email that notifies you that the fund is open to patients who have been added to the wait list. This email will contain your patient’s name and a unique link that will direct you to your PAN portal account.
You will have two business days to apply online using the link in the email, or by calling us at 1-866-316-7263 to enroll your patient in the fund. After two business days, the link will expire. If you do not apply, your patient will be removed from the wait list.
Using wait list IDs
If you do not have the wait list email or are applying for multiple patients, you can also find their wait list IDs in your portal account. Log in to your portal and go to the “Disease Fund Wait List” tab.
Search for your disease fund. Once you find the fund, there is the “Number of Patients on the Wait List” column next to the name of the disease fund. That number indicates the number of patients that your practice has signed up for wait list. Click on “View List” to find the full list of patients associated with your practice that have been signed up for that fund’s wait list.
We created short how-to guides to take you through the steps of applying for grants for your patients—showing you where to click and what information to fill out. Guides are provided as PDFs that you can view and download. View all portal guides