Personal information is anything that identifies, or can be used to identify, an individual person. For example, your name or mailing address can help identify you.
Collection of information
What information we collect through your visits to our websites
PAN collects statistical data related to geography and demographics. PAN also collects information about:
- The total number of visits to our websites
- The number of visitors to each page of our websites
- The time spent on our websites
How we use this information
We use this information to understand how our visitors use our websites. Our goal is to improve the user experience, diagnose problems with our servers, and enhance system administration and market analysis.
Your personal information
PAN collects your personal information when it is voluntarily submitted by you or a third party working on your behalf.
We may request the following information:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Health information
- Healthcare provider and insurance information
- Income and tax information
- Other similar information
How we use your personal information
Information submitted under the “Eligibility wizard” or “Apply now” features and sections on the PAN website is only used to determine whether you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance from one of our disease funds. Personal information is not collected until you apply for assistance or sign up for our services.
Retaining your information
The safety of your personal information is important to us, and that includes knowing which websites keep your information and for how long. If you provide PAN with your personal information, we may keep it for up to ten years for user experience, system administration, and legal purposes.
We may share your information with third parties that work in industries related to PAN’s work, such as healthcare and consumer services.
De-identified information: We may share your aggregate and de-identified information with third parties. Any third party that receives de-identified information from PAN agrees not to use it to re-identify you.
Personal information: We may share your personal information with our third-party contractors, so they can use your information to further the services provided to you by PAN.
Additionally, PAN reserves the right to share your information with government authorities, courts, and law enforcement agencies to respond to authorized information requests, corporate audits, and security threats.
We do not sell your information to any third-party businesses or organizations. If in the future, we seek to sell your information to any third-party businesses or organizations, we would obtain your express written permission.
Why we collect your data
We collect data for the following purposes:
To provide services
- When you or your healthcare providers–including pharmacists–apply to our assistance programs on your behalf, we collect your personal information to assist you. For example, collecting your name, social security number, date of birth, health information, and other information helps us determine your eligibility for PAN assistance. Similarly, your email or telephone number will help us communicate important information to you regarding the services we provide.
To maintain, improve, and expand our services
- We collect aggregated information to help us identify additional assistance programs for patients and/or to help us improve experience of users of PAN’s programs.
To communicate with you
- We collect information including addresses, emails, and phone numbers, to directly interact with you.
- We use your address to send information about your eligibility for grants, your grant amount, when your grant will be available, when it expires, etc.
- We may use your health information, address, email, and phone number, to communicate with you about additional health related services we may provide to you.
- We may use your address, email, and phone number to solicit charitable donations from you.
How we protect your information
We use technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, loss, or destruction. For example, we employ internet security protocols that provide privacy protection and authentication. We restrict access to your personal information to persons who need to know your information to perform their job duties.
Still, using the internet requires caution:
Although we have created secure and reliable websites to protect your privacy, we urge you to always exercise caution when providing your personal information. Your efforts to sign off when finished using a shared computer and constantly logging out of websites when using personal information are examples of protective measures you can apply.
How we ensure your security when you donate to PAN
We use security measures to safeguard your online donations. The following are the key security measures we use to protect your donation-related activities:
- PAN’s donation pages’ service provider is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliant.
– The transaction is secure and private when you donate online to support PAN’s mission with your bank or credit card.
- PAN’s donation pages service provider is PCI-1-Level-1-certified.
– This is the highest level of compliance that ensures the top security level to protect your information.
– To maintain the above security standards, we work with third party PCI-DSS-qualified security assessors to audit all servers, workstations, network connections, and products.
Children’s online safety and privacy are paramount to us. We follow the guidelines set forth by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its accompanying Federal Trade Commission regulation that protects the privacy of children online. We do not intentionally collect information from or market our sites to anyone under 13. However, when an application for assistance or services is submitted for a minor, PAN may collect personal information with proper authorization.
Links to third-party sites
PAN may provide links to other independent websites as a convenience to you. This privacy statement applies solely to the information collected by PAN on our websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party websites.
Call us: 1-866-316-7263
Contact us: https://www.panfoundation.org/contact/
Policy effective date: 11/1/2022