We’re currently experiencing a high volume of calls. Thank you for your patience. You can use our self-service portals – available 24/7 – to apply for a grant or manage your grant.
By using the PAN Foundation’s platforms, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
No medical advice
The PAN Foundation does not provide any medical advice. The services that PAN provides to patients are not a substitute for consultation with a physician, pharmacist, or other healthcare provider.
Updates to our terms and conditions
PAN reserves the right, at its complete discretion, to make updates to these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to check for any changes PAN may make to these terms and conditions. Your continued use of PAN’s platforms following any posted revisions means that you accept these updates.
PAN expressly disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied. This includes the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. It also includes any warranties that material on PAN’s platforms is non-infringing, that access to PAN’s platforms will be uninterrupted or error-free, that PAN’s platforms will be secure, or that information on PAN’s platforms will be complete, accurate, or timely. No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through or from PAN’s platforms shall create a warranty of any kind.
If you download any material from PAN’s platforms, you do so at your own risk. You will be solely responsible for any and all liability, including damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you understand and agree that neither PAN nor any of its affiliated companies or third-party content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, or any other damages (including lost profits) relating to or resulting from:
- Your use or inability to use PAN’s platforms or any other site you access through a link connected to any of PAN’s platforms,
- The existence of PAN’s platforms or the content posted on PAN’s platforms, or any site linked to PAN’s platforms, or
- Any actions PAN, or its affiliated companies or third-party content providers, take or fail to take concerning PAN’s platforms.
This includes damages for errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delays, computer viruses, loss of profits, loss of data, unauthorized access to and alteration of your transmissions and data, and other tangible and intangible losses.
This limitation applies regardless of whether the damages are claimed under the terms of a contract or due to negligence, and even if PAN, its affiliated companies, third-party content providers, or their respective representatives have been negligent or have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Information on PAN’s platforms
PAN is not responsible if information that we make available through our platforms is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on PAN’s platforms is provided for general information only and should not be used as the basis for making any healthcare decisions. Any reliance on PAN’s platforms is at your own risk. The information provided on PAN’s platforms is presented as is and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. PAN’s platforms may contain certain historical information which is not updated and is only provided for your reference.
If you cause a technical disruption to any of PAN’s platforms or the systems transmitting these platforms, then you are responsible for all liabilities, costs, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from the disruption.
Termination and access restriction
Regarding PAN’s portals:
PAN’s portals are password protected. You understand that you are not entitled to be registered to use PAN’s portals. In its sole discretion, PAN may choose whether to register you for access and may at any time terminate your access for any or no reason.
When using PAN’s portals:
- You agree that access to any of PAN’s portals is intended only for registered users.
- You attest that the registration information you provide to PAN and any other information you provide in support of any services offered through any of PAN’s portals is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
– You agree to update such information promptly if it changes or you learn it is not valid or accurate.
- If you wish to terminate your registration at any time, you must provide written notice to PAN via our contact us form: https://www.panfoundation.org/contact/
Our expectations for you as a user
When using PAN’s platforms, you agree only to do so for the purpose of learning about or legitimately accessing services provided by PAN and not to engage in any of the following activities:
- Harm any other persons, including minors, or infringe their rights
- Violate any intellectual property right or any other proprietary right
- Upload or otherwise transmit any contents containing a virus, a so-called Trojan horse, or any other program that could damage software or computers through PAN’s platforms
- Transmit, store, or upload content or hyperlinks to content that you are not entitled to disclose, copy, distribute, use, or otherwise exploit
- Distribute advertising or unsolicited e-mails (“spam”)
- Solicit or request participation in any lottery, snowball system, chain letter, pyramid scheme, or similar activity
- Violate any applicable laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
The security of your data is important to us.
After you apply to register, PAN may provide you with login credentials, such as a username and password. You agree to exercise due care in protecting these login credentials, to refrain from sharing your user credentials with third parties other than agents you authorize to act on your behalf, and that you are responsible for all transactions and activities performed using your login credentials.
If you become aware that a third party is misusing your login credentials, you agree to notify PAN immediately and work with PAN to remedy the situation.
Information you receive through PAN’s platforms may be confidential:
You agree to treat all information you receive through PAN’s platforms as confidential and only use and further disclose such information necessary to further the purpose for which it was made available.
PAN’s right to use and disclose your information
PAN may use your information, including your personal health information, to provide services to you and to improve or broaden the kinds of services PAN provides to you and others, to solicit donations, and for PAN’s own operational purposes. This may also mean that we or our agents may communicate with you directly. This may also mean that we or our agents may communicate with you directly. PAN also may disclose your information to a third party for any or all the following reasons:
- To assist the provision of healthcare services
- To receive payment for services provided
- For operational purposes, such as the evaluation of staff performance, assessing the quality of care and outcomes in your case, or the improvement of its services
- As required by law, including but not limited to judicial and administrative proceedings, reporting information related to victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, or for law enforcement purposes
- For public health activities such as assisting public health or other authorities in preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability
- For research purposes so long as the research project meets specific, detailed criteria to ensure the privacy of patient information
- To avert a serious threat to the health or safety of any person
- For specialized government functions such as national security, protection of public officials, or reporting to various branches of the armed services
- As authorized by workers’ compensation laws
Patients may revoke their authorization for PAN to use and disclose their information except to the extent PAN has acted in reliance on any previous authorization by terminating their registration in PAN’s portals by contacting us at 1-866-316-7263 or by filling out the contact us form and stating that their information should be deleted from PAN’s systems, in which case PAN will take reasonable efforts to do so. PAN cannot guarantee that all of your information will be purged.
How we protect minor online safety:
Children’s online safety and privacy are important to us. We follow the rules set forth by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its implementing regulations to protect the privacy of children online.
We do not intentionally collect information from or market our sites to anyone under 13. However, when an application for assistance or services is submitted for a minor, PAN may collect the information submitted.
Links to third-party sites
PAN’s platforms may include links to other sites – some of which may be operated by PAN affiliates. Although these links are provided as a convenience to you, PAN is not responsible for the accuracy of the content, products, or services on non-PAN sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy policies and terms and conditions for those sites.
PAN’s platforms feature logos and other trademarks/service marks that are the property of or licensed to PAN or its affiliated companies. PAN’s platforms may also include trademarks or service marks of third parties. All such marks are the property of their respective owners, and you agree not to use or display them without the prior written permission of the applicable owner.
PAN is headquartered in the District of Columbia in the United States of America, and PAN’s platforms are operated in the United States. The laws of the District of Columbia govern these terms and conditions and your use of PAN’s platforms. You irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the District of Columbia for any action relating to these terms and conditions.
- Call us: 1-866-316-7263
- Contact us: https://www.panfoundation.org/contact/
Effective date: 11/1/2022