The PAN Foundation announces its 2023 Board of Directors
The PAN Foundation announces today its 2023 Board of Directors, which provides governance, oversight, and strategic direction to the organization. In addition to welcoming four new board members, PAN also announced its 2023 slate of board officers, which include:
- Board Chair: Deanna Banks – Principal, Furst Group
- Board Vice Chair: Nancy McGee, JD, MPH, DrPH – Senior Vice President, Lumanity
- Board Secretary: James Dunlop, JD, MD – Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon, InterMed
The following new directors join the PAN Board in 2023:
- Chase Bice – Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Mary L. Blunt – Senior Corporate Vice President of Healthcare Operations, Sentara Healthcare (retired)
- Jennifer Brown – Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, Graphite Health
- Nicholas Larochelle, MD – Medical Director, Concord Hospital System Emergency Medicine & Transfer Center
PAN Board members continuing to serve in 2023 include:
- Wendy Bullington, PharmD – Internal Medicine Pharmacist, Medical University of South Carolina
- Joseph M. D’Avella, CPA – Owner, Joseph M. D’Avella, CPA
- Mary Findley, MS, CPA, CHC – Senior Director, Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group
- Jeffrey King, JD, MBA – General Counsel, Sentara Healthcare (retired)
- Anna McKean – Chief Executive Officer, Master Center for Addiction Medicine
- Winfred Parnell, MD – Associate Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (retired)
- Howard M. Weinberg, DO, FACC – Cardiologist, South Jersey Heart Group and Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine
“We are honored to have such an accomplished and well-respected group serving on PAN’s Board of Directors,” said Board Chair Deanna Banks. “Our collective, enduring commitment to our patients and to improving healthcare access and affordability for everyone—especially those who are underinsured and facing chronic or rare diseases—drives the work of PAN each day. As we look towards 2023 and beyond, I am excited to work alongside these distinguished leaders in the field to ensure we continue to meet the needs of patients nationwide.”
In addition, Miriam Atkins, MD of Augusta Oncology, Jonas De Souza, MD of HCA Healthcare, Nick Graham of New Century Capital Partners and Concentric Capital Advisors, and Gary Thomas, MD of Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center completed service on the Board effective December 31, 2022.
“I personally thank Miriam, Jonas, Nick, and Gary for their commitment and dedication to the mission of PAN over the years,” said PAN Foundation President and CEO Kevin L. Hagan. “Their contributions to the organization have been invaluable and I wish them all the best as they continue their important work within the healthcare sector.”
About the PAN Foundation
The PAN Foundation is an independent, national 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to helping federally and commercially insured people living with life-threatening, chronic, and rare diseases with the out-of-pocket costs for their prescribed medications.
Since 2004, we have provided more than 1 million underinsured patients with $4 billion in financial assistance. Partnering with generous donors, healthcare providers, and pharmacies, we provide the underinsured population access to the healthcare treatments they need to best manage their conditions and focus on improving their quality of life. Learn more at panfoundation.org.
Was this helpful?