Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
$1,200 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for the disease named in the assistance program to which he or she is applying.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- Patient must be required to travel greater than 20 miles (one way) to receive their prescribed treatment. Exceptions to distance requirements are made for patients living in large metropolitan cities.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
Travel Assistance Program Details
PAN offers travel assistance for patients seeking treatment for Metastatic Prostate Cancer. Our Travel Assistance will cover approved transportation, lodging, and ancillary travel expenses and will provide patients with a high-touch service model that assists in the scheduling of their travel needs.
- » The fund will cover air transportation, car services and other modes of travel to medical appointments related to approved therapy as determined by the prescribing physician.
- » An appointment with the healthcare provider must be scheduled prior to arranging transportation.
- » Patients must be approved for Travel Assistance at least two business days in advance of the appointment to ensure travel means are available.
- » Sometimes medical appointments require an overnight stay. We will help arrange and cover the expense of lodging for the patient for the approved therapy.
Ancillary Travel Expenses
- » Our Travel Assistance works with the patient to ensure costs related to approved travel, covering parking, fuel, and meals (if applicable).
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Bicalutamide (bicalutamide)
- Carboplatin (carboplatin)
- Casodex (bicalutamide)
- Cisplatin (cisplatin)
- Cortef (hydrocortisone)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Docefrez (docetaxel)
- Docetaxel (docetaxel)
- Eligard (leuprolide acetate)
- Etopophos (etoposide phosphate)
- Etoposide (etoposide)
- Firmagon (degarelix acetate)
- Flutamide (flutamide)
- Hydrocortisone (hydrocortisone)
- Jevtana (cabazitaxel)
- Ketoconazole (ketoconazole)
- Leuprolide Acetate (leuprolide acetate)
- Lupron Depot-Ped (leuprolide acetate)
- Metastron (strontium-89 chloride)
- Mitoxantrone Hcl (mitoxantrone hcl)
- Nilandron (nilutamide)
- Nilutamide (nilutamide)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Provenge (sipuleucel-t/lactated ringers solution)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Taxotere (docetaxel)
- Toposar (etoposide)
- Trelstar (triptorelin pamoate)
- Vantas (histrelin acetate)
- Xgeva (denosumab)
- Xofigo (radium-223 dichloride)
- Xtandi (enzalutamide)
- Zoladex (goserelin acetate)
- Zytiga (abiraterone acetate)