Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$1,300 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- Patient must be required to travel greater than 20 miles (one way) to receive their prescribed treatment. Exceptions to distance requirements are made for patients living in large metropolitan cities.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Active Injection Kit D (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- A-Hydrocort (hydrocortisone sod succinate)
- A-Methapred (methylprednisolone sodium succinate)
- Bivigam (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Carimune Nf Nanofiltered (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/sucrose/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Cortef (hydrocortisone)
- Cortisone Acetate (cortisone acetate)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone)
- Dexpak (dexamethasone)
- Doptelet (avatrombopag maleate)
- Doubledex (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- Flebogamma Dif (immune globulin, gamma (igg)/sorbitol/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Flo-Pred (prednisolone acetate)
- Gamastan (immune globulin,gamma(igg)/glycine)
- Gammagard S-D (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/glucose/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Gammaked (immune globulin, gamma(igg)/glycine/iga average 46 mcg/ml)
- Gammaplex (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/sorbitol/glycin/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Gamunex (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Hydrocortisone (hydrocortisone)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Millipred (prednisolone)
- Mulpleta (lusutrombopag)
- Nplate (romiplostim)
- Octagam (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/maltose/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Orapred Odt (prednisolone sod phosphate)
- Pediapred (prednisolone sod phosphate)
- Prednisolone (prednisolone)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Prelone (prednisolone)
- Privigen (immune globulin, gamma (igg)/proline/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Promacta (eltrombopag olamine)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Rhophylac (rho(d) immune globulin)
- Rituxan (rituximab)
- Solu-Cortef (hydrocortisone sodium succinate/pf)
- Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone sodium succinate/pf)
- Tavalisse (fostamatinib disodium)
- Veripred 20 (prednisolone sod phosphate)
- Winrho Sdf (rho(d) immune globulin/maltose)